WW1 Battlefields Ypres Somme
3 days/2 night from only £175pp
This tour is designed to give your pupils an insight into the development of the War starting with the early battles in the Salient, the battle for the Somme in 1916 and the final battles at Messines and Passchendaele.
A broad ranging tour for pupils studying WWI!
• Accommodation on a FULL BOARD basis
• Poppy wreath to lay at the Last Post ceremony
• WWI Battlefields Study Guide (with worksheets for pupils)
Day 1, Travel to Ypres. Afternoon visit to the newly re-opened In Flanders Fields museum.
Day 2, Meet your guide for a 3 hour tour of the key sites and cemeteries. Visit the newly refurbished Passchendaele Dug Out Experience. Restaurant evening meal then visit the Menin Gate for the Last Post ceremony.
Day 3, Morning guided tour of the Somme. Return to school.
- AQA GCSE History B: Origins of the First World War
- Edexcel GCSE History A: War and the transformation of British society 1903-1928 / The part played by the British on the Western Front
- OCR GCSE History B: Causes and events of the First World War 1890-1918
- OCR GCE History A: Peace & War International Relations 1890-1941
Feel free to contact us to tailor your own tour. 0845 130 6070
For prices on these and many other attractions call 0845 130 6070
✓ Use of the coach during the tour
✓ Return ferry crossing via Dover / Calais
✓ Accommodation on a B&B basis
✓ Multi-bedded rooms for students
✓ Single/twin rooms for leaders
✓ Free itinerary planning and visits booking service
✓ Comprehensive travel pack
✓ 1:10 leader place ratio