Living History Experience – Life in the Trenches
3 days/2 nights from only £218pp
As well as an introduction to the Ypres Salient, this tour offers school groups a fantastic opportunity to understand WWI from a personal perspective, experiencing life as a WW1 soldier.
Please note that group members must be at least 14 years old to take part in the Living History day.
• Accommodation on a FULL BOARD basis
• Poppy wreath to lay at the Last Post ceremony
• WWI Battlefields Study Guide (with worksheets for pupils)
Here is a sample 3 day/2 night tour…
Travel to Ypres. Afternoon visit to the newly re-opened In Flanders Fields museum. Restaurant evening meal then visit the Menin Gate for the Last Post ceremony.
Today your group will visit Passchendaele Museum for the Living History Experience session. After a briefing you will all change into traditional WWI uniform and be given your kit. Each pupil takes on the identity of one of the soldiers in an actual platoon from 1917 and the group retraces the steps of an attack that took place. The experience includes a typical Tommy Tucker lunch. At the end of the day at Tyne Cot each pupil will discover their fate.
Meet your guide for a 3 hour tour of the key battlefield sites and cemeteries. Return to school.
- AQA GCSE History B: Origins of the First World War
- Edexcel GCSE History A: War and the transformation of British society 1903-1928 / The part played by the British on the Western Front
- OCR GCSE History B: Causes and events of the First World War 1890-1918
- OCR GCE History A: Peace & War International Relations 1890-1941
✓ Use of the coach during the tour
✓ Return ferry crossing via Dover / Calais
✓ Accommodation on a B&B basis
✓ Multi-bedded rooms for students
✓ Single/twin rooms for leaders
✓ Free itinerary planning and visits booking service
✓ Comprehensive travel pack
✓ 1:10 leader place ratio