WW1 Battlefields Ypres Salient
2 days/1 night from only £109pp
An excellent introductory tour to the Ypres Salient! Pupils will experience trenches, tunnels and cemeteries to enhance their understanding of the course of the War. We can include a hands-on uniform session for pupils.
• Accommodation on a FULL BOARD basis
• Poppy wreath to lay at the Last Post ceremony
• WWI Battlefields Study Guide (with worksheets for pupils)
Day 1, Travel to Ypres. Afternoon visit to the newly re-opened In Flanders Fields museum. Restaurant evening meal then visit the Menin Gate for the Last Post ceremony.
Day 2, Meet your guide for a 3 hour tour of the key battlefield sites and cemeteries. Visit the newly refurbished Passchendaele Dug Out Experience. Return to school.
[/table] Curriculum focus:
- AQA GCSE History B: Origins of the First World War
- Edexcel GCSE History A: War and the transformation of British society 1903-1928 / The part played by the British on the Western Front
- OCR GCSE History B: Causes and events of the First World War 1890-1918
- OCR GCE History A: Peace & War International Relations 1890-1941
Feel free to contact us to tailor your own tour. 0845 130 6070
✓ Use of the coach during the tour
✓ Return ferry crossing via Dover / Calais
✓ Accommodation on a B&B basis
✓ Multi-bedded rooms for students
✓ Single/twin rooms for leaders
✓ Free itinerary planning and visits booking service
✓ Comprehensive travel pack
✓ 1:10 leader place ratio