Cold War Berlin
6 days/4 night from only £268pp by coach 4 days by air from £321pp
Trace the development of the Cold War from its roots in the struggle between two totalitarian states to its end with the reunification of Germany.
Accompanied guide throughout available from £30pp
Day 1, Travel to Berlin
Day 2, Arrive Berlin accommodation at lunchtime. Afternoon free.
Day 3, Morning guided tour of the city by coach to introduce the main sights including the Reichstag – Brandenburg Gate and remains of the Wall. Afternoon guided visit to the exhibition ‘The Road to German Democracy’. Evening visit to the Haus am Checkpoint Charlie Museum of escapes across the Wall.
Day 4, Morning guided visit to the German Russian Museum in Karlshorst. Afternoon guided visit to the former NKVD and Stasi Prison. Late afternoon guided visit to the former headquarters of the Stasi the East German Secret Police.
Day 5, Morning guided visit to the Wall Documentation Centre. Afternoon guided visit to the Museum of the Allies showing how West Berlin survived as an island within East Germany. Depart Berlin.
Day 6, Return to school.
[/table] Curriculum focus:
- AQA A2 Unit 3 From Defeat to Unity: Germany 1945-1991
- AQA A2 Unit 3 Aspects of International Relations 1945-2004
- Edexcel GCSE A: The Cold War (development/crises/end)
- Edexcel GCE: Germany divided and reunited 1945-1991
- OCR GCSE History B: The Cold War 1945-1975
- OCR GCE History A: Democracy and Dictatorship in Germany 1919-1963
- OCR GCE History A: The Cold War in Europe 1945-1990
Feel free to contact us to tailor your own tour. 0845 130 6070
✓ Use of the coach during the tour
✓ Return ferry crossing via Dover / Calais
✓ Accommodation on a B&B basis
✓ Multi-bedded rooms for students
✓ Single/twin rooms for leaders
✓ Free itinerary planning and visits booking service
✓ Comprehensive travel pack
✓ 1:10 leader place ratio